Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello World

Welcome to my humble blog, where I'll be posting periodically about the game myself and the rest of my team is working on. First a bit about myself: I'm a junior at Digipen Institute of Technology, a school for programmers (not computer scientists). Digipen is essentially a trade school for game development, so we end up writing quite a bit of code around the course of a year. We study traditional concepts like data structures and algorithms, but also more specialized fields like real-time graphics and low-level assembly. Although many people try to focus on a particular discipline, like architecture or AI programming, I prefer to be more like a jack of all trades, good at everything, unlike a lot of people who focus so entirely on their field that they don't know much about other things. As part of our curriculum at Digipen, we team up into groups of three to five programmers, and create a game over the course of two semesters. My role on the team this year has been to do what no one else has time to do - input, sound, AI, logic, debugging help, testing, integration, and whatever else needs to get done for deadlines. It has worked out really well so far, and I look forward to see what the future will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment